How to use Smooth Streaming, or its replacement, for a live broadcast?RSS

3 replies

Last post Dec 30, 2016 08:17 AM by Yuk Ding

• How to use Smooth Streaming, or its replacement, for a live broadcast?

Dec 28, 2016 07:33 PM|dotnet4444|LINK

I have downloaded the Smooth Streaming Deployment Guide Word document, and that document has a link called Creating a Live Broadcast Project which must be outdated because it redirects to a page called Microsoft Expression Changes which goes on about how MS has yet again changed things but leaves people wanting the original content in the dark and pushes them to the eye-rolling cloud-based solutions.

Does Microsoft offer a Windows server-based live broadcasting software solution that I can host in my datacenter? Everything I read about Smooth Streaming seems like it is what I need, but I get the feeling that this product has been left behind.

Thanks!

• Re: How to use Smooth Streaming, or its replacement, for a live broadcast?

Dec 29, 2016 02:58 AM|lextm|LINK

The only hope in your case is that upcoming Azure Stack, but whether Smoonth Streaming is in scope requires you to ping a Microsoft representative.

Lex Li
    https://lextudio.com
    ---------------------------
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Dec 29, 2016 05:09 PM|dotnet4444|LINK

Thanks very much!  I have emailed our MS sales rep about this. I will post back here if I get any good information.

Dec 30, 2016 08:17 AM|Yuk Ding|LINK

Hi dotnet4444,

If lex's reply is helpful, it will be appreciated if you could mark his reply as answer.

Best Regards,

Yuk Ding

Yuk Ding

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.