IIS Express 8.0: Any side effects of killing iisexpress.exe rather than Enter 'Q' to stopRSS

1 reply

Last post May 09, 2016 02:51 AM by Jean Sun

• IIS Express 8.0: Any side effects of killing iisexpress.exe rather than Enter 'Q' to stop

May 06, 2016 10:41 PM|mskyongk|LINK

Hi

I'm running IIS Express 8.0 for test automation with no user intervention by executing iisexpress.exe with some parameters to start it which works fine, and now I'm trying to find a way to stop running instance of iisexpress and I was hoping there would be a parameter to shutdown like 'iisexpress.exe /shutdown' or something but there is no command line support to stop it.  

I just tried killing iisexpress process and it seems to work.  Are there any known side effects caused by killing iisexpress process?

Thanks

• Re: IIS Express 8.0: Any side effects of killing iisexpress.exe rather than Enter 'Q' to stop

May 09, 2016 02:51 AM|Jean Sun|LINK

Hi,

Kill the iisexpress process will stop all the worker processes. So all the websites hosted on IIS will be stopped.

And the Q will only stop the site you want to stop.

Best Regards,

Jean

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.
    If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.