Application Initialization isn't workingRSS

2 replies

Last post Feb 01, 2015 08:04 AM by huangjinshe

• Application Initialization isn't working

Jan 21, 2015 02:56 PM|hugoestr1|LINK

I have been trying to solve this problem for a while. I can't get this feature to work correctly.

SSL is not set on this site. There are bindings to both the SSL and the regular port.  I have a log that records when the Application_Start() method has finished. I don't see the site being hit.

The pool is configure to always run, and the site has the Preload Enabled set to True. The first option in the Default Page is set to the initializing Page.

I am running IIS 8.5.

This is the one configuration line that I have   <applicationInitialization >
          <add initializationPage="Accounts/Start" />
        </applicationInitialization>

• Re: Application Initialization isn't working

Jan 27, 2015 09:01 AM|terridonahue|LINK

Does the application that you are trying to WarmUp require SSL or authentication? If so, application initialization will not work. You can not use appinit with applications that require SSL or authentication.

Terri Donahue
    Microsoft MVP ASPNET/IIS

Please 'Mark as Answer' if this post helps you.
  • Re: Application Initialization isn't working

Feb 01, 2015 08:04 AM|huangjinshe|LINK

Don't use it. it's a suck feature.

It don't work when website release, start or restart website, or modify web.config.

It only can execute when application recycle, and maybe only support one website (Because my IIS has so many website, it only success execute website, still don't understand the bad design)

And It's so many limit. like only support 80 port. address only for localhost, not support https......so on.

Why microsoft IIS developers just don't let the Application_Start() fire up when website release, or modify web.config, or start, restart website.? Is that so hard? If that will possible we don't need the initial page, we can send fake request also can cache something in Application_Start() by manually, because the IIS initial page so many limit.

I don't know those Microsoft developers busy for which thing now... So many years ... No one can think for that....just give us some suck feature.