Multiple File UploadRSS

0 replies

Last post Oct 08, 2014 05:08 AM by Tony Spratt

• Multiple File Upload

Oct 08, 2014 05:08 AM|Tony Spratt|LINK

Hi,

Firstly - sorry is this sounds like a stupid question, but I'm at my wits' end now. If there's a better place to ask, please just point m in the right direction.

Anyway, we are developing an ASP.Net application and part of it requires the ability to select multiple files for uploading at one time. According to the documentation, in IE9 or higher, the "multiple" attribute on the "file" input type will allow this, but we cannot make it work. The following code was found on the W3Schools site:

<!DOCTYPE html>
    <html>
    <body>

<form action="demo_form.asp">
      Select images: <input type="file" name="img" multiple>
      <input type="submit">
    </form>

<p>Try selecting more than one file when browsing for files.</p>

<p><strong>Note:</strong> The multiple attribute of the input tag is not supported in Internet Explorer 9 and earlier versions.</p>

</body>
    </html>

When you run it as an example on their site it works perfectly and multiple files can be selected. However, pasting the same code into an HTML file on our IIS 7 server and opening that page in the same browser (IE 11) and pressing the "Browse..." button allows only single file selection.

Is there a configuration option in IIS that somehow allows multiple file selection? I can't see how, as it's a client-side thing, but I also can't explain how the code works when loaded from their server but not ours.

Thanks,

Tony Spratt.