Joomla website is becoming too slow [Answered]RSS

4 replies

Last post Sep 28, 2014 02:36 AM by Angie xu - MSFT

• Joomla website is becoming too slow

Sep 18, 2014 12:34 AM|orphicpixel|LINK

Hi,

I have a Joomla 2.5 running on iis8 with fastcgi, I noticed lately that when the visitor reaches to 300-400 simultaneously the website becomes to slow, even the point that it will return a 500 Service Unavailable.

Restarting the IIS will then solve the issue.

Can someone help me sort this thing, is there any settings that I missed like setting in the php.ini or in the fastcgi

And additional info about my problem, when the website encounter error 500, only the php application is not running static html can be opened let say mywebsite.com/app.php is not opening but mywebsite.com/app.html is opening

• Re: Joomla website is becoming too slow

Sep 18, 2014 04:58 AM|SenneVL|LINK

first of all, check for resource depletion: do you have enough free memory, is cpu usage high and hwo is disk IO?

If there is no resource depletion, you might just have to increase the allowed concurrent requests.

Check you logs for the error 500 substatus http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/WindowsServer2003/Library/IIS/64e30660-d2f0-4e90-98cc-1652214a2b93.mspx?mfr=true It will be probaly 500.13, but you better check :)

If it is 500.13, this nice blog help you troubleshoot: http://blogs.technet.com/b/kennymaita/archive/2012/04/26/server-too-busy.aspx

Note that no webserver can handle unlimited amount of users. You might need to look into load balancing scenarios.

Sep 21, 2014 02:27 AM|orphicpixel|LINK

Today, we experienced again the same problem, when I checked the running processes, saw that 32 instances of CGI/FastCG (32bit) is running, by end tasking them all, the Joomla website returns back to normal.

The same process when restarting the W3SVC will resolve the issue

Sep 23, 2014 02:31 AM|Kailashaghera|LINK

What is the RAM and CPU usage when you face this issue? Also, did you review the error logs to find the root cause of 500 error?

Web Hosting Discussion - The web hosting community for Webmasters
    Web Hosting Blog - Web site and Server security

Sep 28, 2014 02:36 AM|Angie xu - MSFT|LINK

Hi orphicpixel,

You could use the Debug Diagnostics Tool to troubleshoot high CPU usage by a process in IIS,

Please follow the steps below, I think it’s available for you to troubleshoot this issue.

Configure Performance Monitor logging

Disable Debug Exception Catching

Create a dump file

Disable Performance Monitor logging

Analyze the dump file

For reference- http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919791

In addition, you can also try Fiddler, it captures HTTP(S) traffic and logs it for the user to review. It can also be used to "fiddle" with HTTP traffic as it is being sent. By default, traffic from Microsoft's WinINET HTTP(S) stack is automatically directed to the proxy at runtime, but any browser or application (and most mobile devices) can be configured to route its traffic through Fiddler.

Please let me know if there is anything that I can do to help.

Best regards,

Angie

Angie xu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.