Intalling a php site in IIS, performance?  [Answered]RSS

3 replies

Last post Jul 15, 2014 05:27 AM by SenneVL

• Intalling a php site in IIS, performance?

Jul 14, 2014 04:12 AM|sapator|LINK

Hi. I will be writing a php site and i am thinking about the hosting server. I have used IIS before with FASTCGI on a php forum and did not have issues. Whoever this was not a high traffic forum, so i could not really see any performance problems it may came up with. This will be a high traffic site so i want to know if IIS will have problems. Of course i would have used Apache right from the start but i do have much experience on Linux, so i was thinking, if there is no specific advantage then i should save some time and go with IIS that i know how to work with.
    So any suggestions or articles?
    Thanks.

• Re: Intalling a php site in IIS, performance?

Jul 14, 2014 06:39 AM|SenneVL|LINK

IIS is used for many high traffic websites. It will be the applications you run that determine the performance and/or aditionnal configuration needed to optimize it.

There are some good sources on here on iis.net to get you going:

http://www.iis.net/learn/application-frameworks/install-and-configure-php-on-iis/how-to-configure-and-optimize-the-microsoft-web-platform-for-php
    http://www.iis.net/learn/application-frameworks/running-php-applications-on-iis/best-practices-for-php-on-the-microsoft-web-platform

Jul 14, 2014 08:54 AM|sapator|LINK

So having a larger php website with high traffic does not make any difference if it's on IIS or Apache?

Even if they have a minimum difference that would mind on the current php site.

Thanks.

Jul 15, 2014 05:27 AM|SenneVL|LINK

I think the detailed configuration of server hardware and software will determine the winner in a heads-on benchmark.

the trick for really high volume handling in first place is optimalised application code!