VB6 32 bit dll in Windows Server 2008 R2 64 bit. Unable to register [Answered]RSS

1 reply

Last post Jul 08, 2014 05:13 AM by Terry Guo - MSFT

• VB6 32 bit dll in Windows Server 2008 R2 64 bit. Unable to register

Jul 07, 2014 09:04 AM|gowti|LINK

Hi,
    I have a Classic ASP website running in 32bit windows Server. It uses a 32bit VB6 DLL that has all the functions necessary for my website.

Now, I am moving the website to Windows Server 2008R2 64 bit. I tried registering the dll by following method
    i) Put the dll in SysWOW64 folder. "regsvr32 dllname.dll". I got the message DLLRegistration succeeded message.

But when checking the windows/assembly folder, I didnt see the DLL's name in it. Also, I tried a simple VBScript with line Server.CreateObject for my dll.
    I got Error:429. ActiveX component cant create object.

I am not sure whether my DLL is added to Assembly/GAC but I get registration succeeded each time when I registered.

But, on using the command "regsvr32 /i dllanme.dll" this time with /i, registration fails with error
    "The moduel "dllname.dll" was loaded but DllInstall was not found."

Can anybody please help me with this??

vb6 Server2008

• Re: VB6 32 bit dll in Windows Server 2008 R2 64 bit. Unable to register

Jul 08, 2014 05:13 AM|Terry Guo - MSFT|LINK

Hi gowti,

Method 1: Perform a SFC(System File Checker) scan and see if the issue persists. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Method 2 : Run the Microsoft Safety Scanner in full scan mode and remove all the threats that get detected by it and see if the issue occurs. http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx

Note: The Microsoft Safety Scanner expires 10 days after being downloaded. To rerun a scan with the latest anti-malware definitions, download and run the Microsoft Safety Scanner again.

The Microsoft Safety Scanner is not a replacement for using an antivirus software program that provides ongoing protection.

Hope that helps.

Best Regards,
    Terry Guo

vb6 Server2008

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience. Click HERE to participate the survey. Thanks!