Problems running Classic ASP on Windows 8 Server with IIS8 [Answered]RSS

1 reply

Last post Feb 04, 2014 09:31 AM by SenneVL

• Problems running Classic ASP on Windows 8 Server with IIS8

Feb 03, 2014 02:42 PM|schadha|LINK

Hi 

I am running a classic asp site on IIS windows 8 server. There are 2 problems that I am encountering. The site has MYSQL ODBC 5.2 64 bit installed.

1- I have made a COM interop DLL to be used in this site, but to use it I need to change the pool setting "Enable 32-bit applications" to true. Doing this, the dsn crashes as it doesnt have the 32 bit drivers. Now if I install 32 bit drivers it overwrites the 64 bit driver and the other sites on server stop working. Please let me know how can I resolve this.

2- There is another COM interop DLL I had created to resize the images, but strangely I never turned the Enable 32-bit applications to true to run it for the same site. Can anyone throw light of any possibility behind this, as I could solve the problem 1 with it if I dont need to turn 32-bit to true and still use the DLL.

Thanks and regards

Sandy

Looking to check the time, goto http://whatisthetime.in/[xxx] replace [xxx] with your city name.
  • Re: Problems running Classic ASP on Windows 8 Server with IIS8

Feb 04, 2014 09:31 AM|SenneVL|LINK

What 'bitness' is required for a dll depends on the compilation.

If you developed these components yourself, I would advice to recompile them targeting x64