We are excited to announce that the IIS.NET Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Learn more >

run module before authentication [Answered]RSS

2 replies

Last post Nov 14, 2013 09:55 AM by Bogdan1024

• run module before authentication

Nov 11, 2013 09:49 AM|Bogdan1024|LINK

How do I configure a module to run before authentication? It is clear how to do that in IIS7, but in IIS6 I can't manage them in IIS configuration snap-in.

module iis6

• Re: run module before authentication

Nov 14, 2013 04:20 AM|Angie xu - MSFT|LINK

Hi Bogdan

Bogdan1024

but in IIS6 I can't manage them in IIS configuration snap-in.

We can run module before authentication in IIS 7 and above, but in IIS 6, it seems that there isn't available method to do that. At the same time I will also consult other Microsoft IIS engineers with this issue, and check whether it has good solution for you. Thanks for your understanding.

Regards  

module iis6

Angie xu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.
  • Re: run module before authentication

Nov 14, 2013 09:55 AM|Bogdan1024|LINK

Angie xu - MSFT

We can run module before authentication in IIS 7 and above, but in IIS 6, it seems that there isn't available method to do that. At the same time I will also consult other Microsoft IIS engineers with this issue, and check whether it has good solution for you. Thanks for your understanding. 

Thanks for your response. I've created a similar thread in this forum where I've got a similar answer http://forums.iis.net/t/1203392.aspx?run+IHttpModule+before+authentication . But I am very interested to find out what insights Microsoft IIS engineers might have.

module iis6