Error 503.19 while running 32bit application on Windows Server 2008 64bit [Answered]RSS

1 reply

Last post Aug 15, 2011 05:39 AM by Lloydz

• Error 503.19 while running 32bit application on Windows Server 2008 64bit

Aug 10, 2011 03:33 AM|alb3rt0.b1as1utt1|LINK

Hi Everyone.. my collegue recently installed a new win 2008 64 bit, and the customer asked to move an old application from a windows 2000 to the new server, and I'm trying to figure out how.

Now I'm stumbling (quite obviously) in a series of error.

First, I hade to solve a little issue with the way file paths were handled in win 2000, and I revised the code here and there to make it run.

Then, It started with the problems related to running a 32Bit appPoll on a 64bit environment.

In the applicationHost.config, I added the preCondition="bitness64" to the module referring to RPCproxy.dll, so the first error was gone... and another one appeared..

I found two possible solutions to the second one:

1) find a 32bit version of suscomp.dll; assuming this is the way to go, do I have to replace the dll or can I use both 32bit and 64bit version according to the applicationPool bitness? If I can keep only one version, does the 32bit suscomp.dll run smooth with all the other 64bit applications?

2) In a way similar to what I did for RPCproxy.dll, an "appearingly able user", suggested to add the bitness precondition to the <scheme> section relating to compression, in order to "disable" it for 32bit apps. Well, if I try this solution, then IIS tells me that the applicationHost.config hasn't a valid xml format, so I assume that A) adding the bitness preCondition to <scheme> is different that adding it to a <module> B) the user taht posted that solution was anything but epert. Then my question is: is it possible to specify the bitness preCondition of a "<scheme>"; if so, which is the correct sintax?

Finally, another question:

being that I "brutally" copy/pasted the application from a win server 2000 to the win srv 2008 (solving a little issue), do I need to change the way the old web.config file is written in order to make it run with IIS 7?

I'll post the current web.config file below; if necessary, can anyone help me doing so (or point me where to find a way to "translate" web.config from iis5 to iis7?

web.config:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <configuration>
    <system.webServer>
    <defaultDocument>
    <files>
    <clear />
    <add value="index.html" />
    <add value="Default.htm" />
    <add value="Default.asp" />
    <add value="index.htm" />
    <add value="iisstart.htm" />
    <add value="default.aspx" />
    </files>
    </defaultDocument>
    </system.webServer>
    </configuration>

Thank you in advance,

Alberto

ASP SBS 2008 IIS 7 64-bit 32Bit Application suscomp.dll

• Re: Error 503.19 while running 32bit application on Windows Server 2008 64bit

Aug 15, 2011 05:39 AM|Lloydz|LINK

Hi,

alb3rt0.b1as1utt1

In the applicationHost.config, I added the preCondition="bitness64" to the module referring to RPCproxy.dll, so the first error was gone... and another one appeared..

what is the detailed error information that you mentioned "another one appeared"?

According to your description, I suggest you read the following blog post which could help:

IIS7 - Running 32-bit and 64-bit ASP.NET versions at the same time on different worker processes
    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/rakkimk/archive/2007/11/03/iis7-running-32-bit-and-64-bit-asp-net-versions-at-the-same-time-on-different-worker-processes.aspx

alb3rt0.b1as1utt1

being that I "brutally" copy/pasted the application from a win server 2000 to the win srv 2008 (solving a little issue), do I need to change the way the old web.config file is written in order to make it run with IIS 7?

I'll post the current web.config file below; if necessary, can anyone help me doing so (or point me where to find a way to "translate" web.config from iis5 to iis7?

web.config:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <configuration>
    <system.webServer>
    <defaultDocument>
    <files>
    <clear />
    <add value="index.html" />
    <add value="Default.htm" />
    <add value="Default.asp" />
    <add value="index.htm" />
    <add value="iisstart.htm" />
    <add value="default.aspx" />
    </files>
    </defaultDocument>
    </system.webServer>
    </configuration>

If this is the entire content of your web.config, you don't need to do any change to make it work in IIS7 enviroment.

Thanks.