Publish application that requires Full TrustRSS

8 replies

Last post Nov 22, 2013 05:52 AM by MSummers

• Publish application that requires Full Trust

Jan 24, 2011 05:07 AM|Digita|LINK

Hello, we will be happy to publish our CRM to the WebInstaller Gallery, but our application requires Full Trust to run correctly. I'm not sure if Medium Trust is a requirement.

Someone with previous experiences?

full trust

• Re: Publish application that requires Full Trust

Jan 24, 2011 06:14 AM|HostingASPNet|LINK

Hello,

You will need a full trust shared Windows hosting provider.

Regards

WindowsHostingASP.NET - My favourite site for Windows and IIS hosting information.
    HowtoASP.NET - Free ASP.NET tutorials and source code.

Jan 24, 2011 07:31 AM|Digita|LINK

I know, but is allowed by WebInstaller Gallery Policies? A Shared Hosting is required, but the trust level is not specified.

• Rovastar Rovastar

5482 Posts

MVP

Re: Publish application that requires Full Trust

Jan 24, 2011 10:20 AM|Rovastar|LINK

Full trust is a higher level than medium trust. I see no problem with running as full trust. AS always test out on a staging server first.

Troubleshoot IIS in style
    https://www.leansentry.com/

Jan 24, 2011 09:03 PM|ChrisSfanos|LINK

Hello!

Please go ahead and submit your application to the gallery.  As you have probably seen, ensure your app and package meet the requirements we discuss here: http://www.microsoft.com/web/gallery/developer.aspx

If you have any specific questions, send them here:  appgal@microsoft.com

Thanks

Chris

Web App Gallery PM

Chris Sfanos
    Web Platform Installer PM

Jan 25, 2011 12:12 AM|walterov|LINK

Hi,
    one of the requirements to be part of the Web App Gallery is that your application can run in Shared Hosting environments. Full trust apps are OK for dedicated or VPS hosting, but not for shared. Please make sure that your app can run in medium trust or partial trust before submitting.

Thanks,
    Walter Oliver
    WPT, PM.

Web Application Gallery Trust level

Jan 25, 2011 03:52 AM|Digita|LINK

It can't for many reasons. Is a complex CRM solution that need sockets, filesystem IO and many other things limited by Medium Trust. At leas for the standard medium trust imposed by Microsoft. Many hosters allow those requirements in medium trust, depends on the configuration (look at GoDaddy for example).

What i consider unbelivable is that similar applications on PHP do the same things but are published. This is really a discrimination moreover on a Microsoft oriented installer is a shame!

Nov 22, 2013 05:34 AM|MSummers|LINK

Put this in your web.config file

<configuration>
         <system.web>
              <trust level="Full" />
         </system.web>
    </configuration>

full trust

Mike

Nov 22, 2013 05:52 AM|MSummers|LINK

It's a web server thing. It's how the hosting providers set up thier security for thier IIS web server. I ran into this situlation about 2 months ago setting up YetAnotherForum for my costomers website. The hosting provider WinHost provided me with the information on how to over ride their default trust level setting, freely, and without hesistion. 

Mike