IBM DB2 .NET Provider in 32 bit mode [Answered]RSS

3 replies

Last post Jan 13, 2012 10:12 AM by bfranic

• IBM DB2 .NET Provider in 32 bit mode

Jun 05, 2008 11:35 AM|Letrix|LINK

Hello,

I'm using 64 bit version of WIndows 2008 Server Standard with IIS 7. I wanted to use Jet provider to access MS Access database so I have created new application pool and have enabled "Enable 32-Bit Applications". However I also use IBM DB2 provider and it doesn't want to work in 32-Bit mode. There is following error:

SQL1159  Initialization error with DB2 .NET Data Provider, reason code 3, tokens C:\Program Files\IBM\SQLLIB\bin\db2app64.dll

When I installed 32 bit version of DB2 provider there was another error which stated:

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: SQL1159 Initialization error with DB2 .NET Data Provider, reason code 10, tokens 0.0.0, 9.5.1

I know this isn't best place to talk about such problems however I tryed almost everything to solve that problem. Thank you in advance for your help.

• Re: IBM DB2 .NET Provider in 32 bit mode

Jun 05, 2008 11:33 PM|steve schofield|LINK

I would check with IBM.  I've run into this with 3rd party components, *most* times you just ned to install whatever version of the component (32 or 64) bit and it should work.  The only advice I can offer is make sure the permissions are setup so the necessary app pool or IUSR accounts have permission to the files.   Also, you can try installing in the GAC if you are running in medium or partial trust.

Steve Schofield
    Windows Server MVP - IIS
    http://iislogs.com/steveschofield
    http://www.IISLogs.com
    Log archival solution
    Install, Configure, Forget

Mar 02, 2011 06:14 AM|Fernando Hammerli|LINK

The solution for me: Give Full Permission on C:\ProgramData\IBM\DB2\DB2COPY1\DB2\db2systm file to APPPOOL\DefaultAppPool user Currently running: Windows 7 x64 Pro US + DB2 Data Server Client 9.3a (32 bits)

Jan 13, 2012 10:12 AM|bfranic|LINK

You don't need to give Full Permission on C:\ProgramData\IBM\DB2\DB2COPY1\DB2\db2systm file to APPPOOL\DefaultAppPool user.

You can add user IIS APPPOOL\DefaultAppPoolto group DB2USERS and IIS_USRS

Regards Baldo Franic