IIS 7 and Above
How to add NTLM authentication to IIS 8 Server 2012
Last post Feb 11, 2013 09:54 PM by jmiller30
Feb 11, 2013 07:42 PM|jmiller30|LINK
I just can't figure it out and Google is letting me down.
How do I add NTLM authentication so I can use webdav to publish a website using Expression 4 or Dreamweaver?
So far I am not a big fan of Server 2012.
Feb 11, 2013 08:26 PM|fredcumbee|LINK
Enabling NTLM authentication for a site in IIS 8 is the same as IIS 7. Please let me know if this is not what you're looking for.
Feb 11, 2013 09:09 PM|jmiller30|LINK
Thanks for the link.
I'm trying to install "Windows Authentication" in IIS. My only options are "Anonymous Authentication" and "asp.net impUersonation". In the UI method it says to enable windows authentication. There's no Windows Authentication to enable.
Tried the command line method as well. Still nothing.
Is Microsoft trying to discourage this or something?
I just want to use WebDAV to publish a website.
Feb 11, 2013 09:39 PM|fredcumbee|LINK
To add it do the following:
1. Start Server Manager
2. Click on "Add roles and features" from the Dashboard
3. Click the Next button on the Before You Begin page
4. Click Next button for "Role-based or featured-based installation"
5. Click Next for the destination server
6. On Server Roles scroll down to "Web Server (IIS)" and expand it
7. Expand Web Server again and you will see the Security option
8. I have everything enabled under this but if you expand Security you can select the "Windows Authentication" option to install and click Next to complete the install
Feb 11, 2013 09:54 PM|jmiller30|LINK
Wonderful! Thanks Fred!
That was certainly hidden deep enough.
It's working now. Woohoo!