IIS 7 and Above
PerlEx (not) working
Last post Jul 26, 2009 02:53 PM by anilr
Jul 21, 2009 10:59 PM|SuneK|LINK
I have a curious problem with PerlEx from ActiveState on my W2008 x64 server. IIS 7 is set up with 10 virtual server and two of these make use of PerlEx. One works perfectly and the other doesn't work at all. Both are set up with their own (32 bit) application
pool, the site that works also has a 64-bit application pool to make queries to Indexing Service work with classic ASP. Each perl script is set up to run in it's own PerlEx interpreter class.
In the site that doesn't work the scripts give a 500 error or just appear to hang when run under PerlEx, they run just fine as a normal Perl CGI. Enabling failed request tracing the error I get is
Where to go from this?
I should add that it used to work. When setting up the server I did load testing one each site in turn with the other sites stopped. This included heavy exercising of the PerlEx scripts with loads 10-100 times greater than what we have today. Everything
worked flawlessly. Then I turned on all sites and let the system go live, replacing the old box. Bang! Nothing works on one of the sites.
The sites, for the curious, are http://econpapers.repec.org (works) and http://logec.repec.org (doesn't work, and it is the site that really would benefit from the PerlEx speed up).
Jul 26, 2009 02:53 PM|anilr|LINK
That error code sounds like an access-violation somewhere in PerlEx which is being handled and the error reported - not sure why you are only seeing it one site and not the other - but sounds like time to debug PerlEx.