IIS 5 & IIS 6
App-Domain could not be created. Error: 0x80004005
Last post Aug 28, 2008 01:33 AM by Changlinn
Aug 27, 2008 09:14 AM|Changlinn|LINK
I am deploying a new ASP.net 3.5 site, that is compiled asp. I have installed it and all seemed well. The site was working, then I noticed someone had put our (unique and individual per site, even have their own app-pool) site Iusr and IWAM accounts in local
admin, I removed them and the site died. getting the error
The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is currently unavailable. Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web browser to retry your request.
Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this specific request failure can be found in the application event log of the web server. Please review this log entry to discover what caused this error to occur.
Then getting the below in the event log:
Failed to execute request because the App-Domain could not be created. Error: 0x80004005 Unspecified error
I saw the post, but no help : http://forums.iis.net/p/1044577/1462371.aspx
I even double checked permissions against this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/812614
I tried running Filemon with the iusr and iwam as admin and then not to compare, but they look almost identical short of the aspx being called.
I also tried C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727>aspnet_regiis.exe -i
0x80004005 Unspecified error Server Applicatoin Unavailable
windows server 2003
Aug 27, 2008 11:34 AM|steve schofield|LINK
Something definitely is permissions related. Enable auditing and see if something is logged in the security event log. Filemon (by sysinternals) can help find registry, file and folder access denied messages.
Windows Server MVP - IIS
Log archival solution
Install, Configure, Forget
Aug 28, 2008 01:33 AM|Changlinn|LINK
So I enabled auditing on c:\ and found c:\ and c:\windows didn't have read and needed it, added it back, then I got no errors on files or folders. Then I enabled auditing on the registry, for hklm, and found an issue with the currentcontrolset01 services
iis, changed that, then nothing was coming up in event viewer, fired up filemon again, and saw it now trying to go in files in c:\windows\assembly de-reged the shfusion dll gave iis_wp permission to it and replicated down, re-reged shfusion, ran iisreset,
and it all works, thank god for that.