Can't install FPSE for IIS 7 on Windows Server 2008 [Answered]RSS

16 replies

Last post Jul 21, 2008 03:35 PM by Ready To Run

• Ready-to-Run

Ready-to-Run

59 Posts

Re: Can't install FPSE for IIS 7 on Windows Server 2008

Apr 11, 2008 04:59 PM|Ready-to-Run|LINK

Read through these installation and configuration instructions: http://learn.iis.net/page.aspx/134/install-frontpage-server-extensions/.  In particular see the section: Extending Web Sites with FPSE, which describes enabling authentication.  This was automatic in prior versions of FPSE, but for security purposes required to be manual for Windows Server 2008/Vista.

• jhoff

jhoff

8 Posts

Apr 11, 2008 07:01 PM|jhoff|LINK

I've read thru that install several times...  So is this the bit you're pointing me to?

Note: Extending a Web site does not configure any authentication methods. After installing FPSE 2002 on a Web site, you will need to configure an authentication method, such as Windows or Basic Authentication, before your users will be able to open or publish to the Web site.

Are there more details on how to do that somewhere?

Thanks...

Jerry

• Ready-to-Run

Ready-to-Run

59 Posts

Apr 11, 2008 08:09 PM|Ready-to-Run|LINK

Yes, you will need to configure an authentication method.  The details on how to do this are available through IIS documentation. If you would like us to help, we are happy to, but you will need to enter into a professional services agreement with us. Additiional information concerning technical support is available on our website at http://www.rtr.com/fpse/technicalsupport.htm

• iman_herdiana

iman_herdian...

2 Posts

Apr 18, 2008 02:08 AM|iman_herdiana|LINK

Ready-to-Run

To help us investigate this further, we request that you start the install of the FrontPage Server Extensions from a cmd line and create a log file.  To do this:  launch a cmd.exe window with Run As Administrator property set.  In that DOS window, type "<fpse_msi> /l*v logfile", where <fpse_msi> is replaced with the actual MSI name and logfile is the path and name of the log file to create. You will have to navigate to the location of the msi file or specify the full path in the cmd window.

After the log file has been created, please send it to fpsupport@rtr.com to review.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Please help me, i got the same error when install the FPSE. "system has updates.."
    i sent my installation log file.

• Ready-to-Run

Ready-to-Run

59 Posts

Apr 18, 2008 02:57 AM|Ready-to-Run|LINK

Please see the FAQ: http://www.rtr.com/fpse/faq.htm, there is an entry there with a work around for this cyclic restart required issue.

• iman_herdiana

iman_herdian...

2 Posts

Apr 18, 2008 03:36 AM|iman_herdiana|LINK

Done! i reinstall the IIS then show window installing updates when restarting, then i install FPSE perfectly, but then i try to edit my website using vs 2005 on other pc it's still says that my IIS still doesnt have FPSE Installed.

any step i've missed?

Thanks.

• Ready-to-Run

Ready-to-Run

59 Posts

Apr 18, 2008 03:42 PM|Ready-to-Run|LINK

Be sure to run Visual Studio in elevated mode.  The easiest way to remember to do this is to make a desktop shortcut for VS, right click on it and set the Run as Administrator property.

FPSE 2002 for Windows Server 2008/Vista has two major changes from earlier versions regarding its installation.  During installation the default web site is not extended and authentication is not enabled.  You may want to try extending the default web site and enabling Windows Integrated Authentication on your web server. 

These are instructions for using VS with IIS7 http://learn.iis.net/page.aspx/387/using-visual-studio-2008-with-iis-70/.  You may want to set up a simple web site using just VS and IIS7, without FPSE, just to confirm you have VS and IIS7 configured properly for remote communication with each other.  Then once this is confirmed try using the section on using VS and FPSE together.

• midosm.com

midosm.com

4 Posts

Jul 11, 2008 07:50 PM|midosm.com|LINK

What about site with 6.0.2.6551 version of FPSE?  Is there a way to roll back?

• Mayank287

Mayank287

1 Post

Jul 19, 2008 08:05 AM|Mayank287|LINK

Hello there, i believe you were having the same problem when installing FPSE on IIS 7

Your system has updates that need to be applied during the next reboot.  Please reboot your system before installing

Could you please share with me what was the fix you got to solve this issue.

regards

Mayank

• Ready To Run

Ready To Run

2 Posts

Jul 21, 2008 03:14 PM|Ready To Run|LINK

Hello,

The FrontPage 2002 Server Extensions are designed to be installed and execute on Windows Server 2008 and Vista Ultimate, Business, Enterprise and Home Premium.

You may uninstall the FrontPage 2002 Server Extensions, however there is no ability to rollback to a prior release on the supported platforms.

FrontPage 2002 Server Extensions Support Team

• Ready To Run

Ready To Run

2 Posts

Jul 21, 2008 03:35 PM|Ready To Run|LINK

Hello Mayank,

Though the problem you are experiencing is not caused by the FrontPage 2002 Server Extensions, we believe we can help.  Please see our FAQ at http://www.rtr.com/fpse/faq.htm which has an entry regarding this 'reboot' issue.  Also, please review this article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555175 , method 11.

Regard,

FrontPage 2002 Server Extensions Support Team

• ‹ Previous Thread|Next Thread ›