IIS 7 & IIS 8
HTTP 500 error 0x800700aa loading .asp pages
Last post Jan 18, 2013 04:20 PM by ulu
Nov 13, 2007 08:07 PM|LINK
This is the failed request tracking entry that points to the problem (I think). Although, I don't know how to resolve "The requested resource is in use."
This happens for every .asp page -- all .htm pages are fine. This application was working at one point, but something happened recently to prevent it. I don't know what.
Here is the entry in the IIS log that pertains to this request:
#Software: Microsoft Internet Information Services 7.0
#Date: 2007-11-13 21:01:40
#Fields: date time s-ip cs-method cs-uri-stem cs-uri-query s-port cs-username c-ip cs(User-Agent) sc-status sc-substatus sc-win32-status
2007-11-13 21:01:40 192.168.11.6 GET /services.asp - 85 - 192.168.11.6 Mozilla/4.0+(compatible;+MSIE+7.0;+Windows+NT+6.0;+WOW64;+SLCC1;+.NET+CLR+2.0.50727;+Media+Center+PC+5.0;+.NET+CLR+3.0.04506) 500 0 170
Things I tried and checked:
Can anyone tell me what I should look for to correct this? Thanks in advance.
Edit: procmon shows this when I hit the page -- it's all I can dig up that might have something to do with this:
Date & Time: 11/13/2007 4:16:44 PM
Event Class: File System
Result: FILE LOCKED WITH ONLY READERS
Nov 14, 2007 04:12 AM|LINK
A good toss always makes you feel better. :) You've tried quite a bit, thanks for posting. I don't have an Vista 64 bit box handy, can you check ISAPI and CGI restrictions and make sure ASP is enabled. That is one thing that stands out right now.
Windows Server MVP - IIS
Log archival solution
Install, Configure, Forget
Nov 14, 2007 02:08 PM|LINK
ASP is indeed "allowed" in the restrictions. I guess I forgot to mention that one.
Nov 28, 2007 06:45 PM|LINK
Too tough for y'all, I take it. This is driving me insane. I am now uninstalling and reinstalling things again. /cry
Nov 29, 2007 04:40 AM|LINK
This is not something we have seen and there seems to be no way to get to the bottom of this without debugging it - so your options are
a) Come up with repro steps which can help us repro this problem in-house
b) call up microsoft support and ultimately get someone from support to debug the problem
c) reinstall and (hopefully) the problem goes away
Nov 29, 2007 01:30 PM|LINK
I am also getting the same error. I am running Vista Business. I have tried everythign I could think of and still get the follwoing:
Nov 29, 2007 01:51 PM|LINK
I am at wit's end. I'm rebuilding the machine. It was working before and I don't know why it won't now. For me, every ASP page fails. Even a page that has one line of code in it for testing. Extremely frustrating.
Nov 29, 2007 01:54 PM|LINK
Yes...I am runnign through the same problem. This was working a couple weeks ago no problem...every ASP page now gives me that error. Htm files are ok though. I tried different directories and the same problem. Just so frustrating when you know something
worked a couple days ago and now it does not. Vista is evil. 8-)
Nov 29, 2007 03:16 PM|LINK
Ok I think I fixed it. After I followed the followign steps it worked for me.
In IIS Manager choose View Application Pools
then choose Set Application Pool Defaults.
Then under Process Model set Identity to LocalSystem.
Let me know if it works
Nov 29, 2007 03:22 PM|LINK
I absolutely KNEW it was a simple setting!! I was ready to delete my partition. Thank you so so so so much for posting. I got my response.write to appear -- no 500 error. OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!! WEEKS OF TORTURE HAVE ENDED!!!
THank you, again. <3